Monday, March 2, 2009

5:20 a.m.: Former City Council Candidate Comments on Dog Catcher's Resignation

Rog,

Hot-diggity-dog!!!!! I can't tell you how many times I have asked that the Dog Catcher get the boot because I lost count after 868. I had this letter all written and ready to go, though I was beginning to think I'd never get the chance to dust it off and send it, but it finally happened.

Congratulations to the Council for finally having some guts. It took real courage for our elected representatives to admit that the responsibility for all of our city's problems lies not with them, but with that good-for-nothing, flea-bitten excuse for a Dog Catcher, Dirk Tarbeau.

Looming budget deficits, crushing pension and health care obligations, staff cutbacks, reductions in city services, deferred maintenance on our crumbling infrastructure, "brown-nosing" at our fire stations, Squirrels, Scotsmen, people constantly parking in front of my house, and that fresh pile of doggie doo in my lawn: finally, we have a convenient scapegoat to blame for all this, and in plenty of time for the November election, too. Yes, I used to think those morons on the City Council were a bunch of incompetent bozos, but now that they've done what I wanted, it should be obvious to everyone that they are geniuses.

Former City Council Candidate

No comments: