Monday, March 2, 2009

5:19 a.m.: Alameda's Dog Catcher Resigns

Following is a press release we received a few minutes ago:

Statement of Alameda Dog Catcher Dirk Tarbeau

The City Council members and I have met to discuss my role as Dog Catcher and the direction of the Animal Control organization. Although we share many goals for the future of wayward canine retrieval in this City, we do differ in the manner in which to achieve these goals. Therefore, I have tendered my resignation. I have thoroughly enjoyed my tenure here as Alameda’s Dog Catcher, and am proud of what we have accomplished these past three and one-half years together. I am thankful that I have had the opportunity to work with such a wonderful Animal Control team and kennel staff. After 27 years in this dog-eat-dog business, it is finally time for me to hang up the net and meet new challenges in my professional life by opening that luxury doggie spa and chew-toy boutique I've always dreamed of. During this transition, I look forward to enjoying time with my Papillons and Caniches.

No comments: