Thursday, October 23, 2008

Real Alameda Can Still Be Found in Parts of Our Treasured Island

Editor,

What is this town coming too? I mean parts of it are still okay, the parts that I call "real Alameda," but there's a lot of un-Alamedan stuff going on, too. There are all of these shoppers in the business districts, going to restaurants, parking in that huge garage without even complaining about it, and somebody recently tore out my favorite trash-strewn weed lot to put in who-knows-what. I'm sure I won't like it, whatever it turns out to be.

There are people out there who don't see our Treasured Island the same way that you and I do. Why, some of them think this town is imperfect enough to pal around with developers!

I'm for closing Alameda's borders right now, so that no more of these un-Alamedans can get in. It's bad enough already, what with people like that Roy Avery spewing vitriol all the time in your Noosepaper and I guess probably everywhere else. I've read about him, I think in some gee-mail that my cousin sent, that someone else sent her, and so I know that Roy Avery is a housing planner. That scares me to death.

Betsy Baker

Editor's Comments:

Miss Baker is mistaken. Roy Avery is a decent person who just happens to disagree with the Alameda Daily Noose and me on energy subsidies, Bagpipe density, Tartan-oriented development, and every other issue that matters. Unlike those despicable housing planners, Mr. Avery actually loves his family, and he is only heck-bent on destroying Alameda.

No comments: