Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mary Englund: No Taxation and No Misrepresentation

Editor,

I can't help but feel like I'm the only person who is part of the majority of citizens in this town who are Right-Thinking Alamedans. How else can you explain the continued injustice of my having to pay taxes when my kids are going to a private school? It's not easy to raise kids and pay for their education, especially with these pesky taxes on top of my other expenses.

Where does all of that tax money go, anyway? People try to tell me that it pays for roads, but anyone can see that we already have plenty of roads, so that is blatant misrepresentation. We also don't need any more trees in this town, and although I'd like a nice grassy park closer to where I live, I wouldn't be willing to spend any money to get it. So clearly, paying taxes doesn't do anyone any good.

Mary Englund

No comments: