Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Coho Jerkins Spouts Off about Hydrants

Editor,

I had a few spare minutes, so I thought I'd spout off about something I heard only in passing. Someone mentioned a local paper, I think it was the Alameda Puppy Trainer, had something about a damaged fire hydrant carried on their front page. What nonsense. I just want to say that I know nothing about garbage collection or hydrant engineering, and didn't even read the referenced article, but I was outraged. Alas for the waste of water, time, energy and digital camera space, the humanity considering how many people could have drank that water.

But, I'd like to say something about it that reveals my lack of knowledge on the subject, jump to conclusions and fire off an email to you without a second thought. I'm having a hard time coming up with the right words, but let me try these: That darn garbage truck should have turned right! Or better yet, the fire department should have moved the hydrant out of the way in the first place. Why didn't AFD know ahead of time that the hydrant would be in the way? Why do they always put those stupid hydrants right next to the road where unsuspecting garbage trucks that should have turned right can hit them easily! I say enough of this crying over spilled milk and move the darn hydrants away from drivers who aren't paying attention!

Yours in senseless rage,
Coho Jerkins

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, well Coho, you'd think it was worth a Page 1 picture if you were among the poor mutts who like to lift their legs at that very hydrant--but were inconvenienced! News is in the eye of the beholder, Coho.