Monday, June 2, 2008

Good Grief! Charlie Brown Has Jean Kerkwilligers' Vote

Dear Roger

Finally, a candidate I can believe in! I was so excited when I saw this lawn sign that I sent you the photo of it as quick as I could. It's a no-brainer for me that I'm going to vote for Charlie Brown for Congress, and I'll bet it will be for a lot of your readers, too.

I didn't even realize that comic strip characters could run for political office, and I didn't know that Charlie Brown had served our country in the air force, although it makes sense when you remember that his dog was an ace pilot in the Great War. Anyway, now that I know there is more inspiring alternative to our current government, I say throw the bums out, whoever they are! The people who are in office now must all be responsible for the mess we're in. Otherwise, why would we be in it?

Charlie Brown would make a much better leader than the ones we have now, because he keeps trying, no matter what. When the kite of our state's finances gets caught in a tree, he'll get another kite. And if someone pulls the football of improved public education away just as he's about to kick it through the academic goalposts, he'll pick himself up and give it another try. I hope everyone will consider voting for this fine, upstanding round-headed kid.

Jean Kerkwilligers

No comments: