Monday, December 28, 2009

Breakin' 2: Alameda Bugaboo

Editor:

As if excessive tree growth wasn't bad enough, now I see that somebody has put up a new sign on Encinal Avenue, right near that chic new restaurant. It clearly shows somebody doing a "Head-Spin," which apparently is some kind of "Break-Dancing" move I learned about in Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo, a sobering documentary about hard-core juvenile delinquents that I saw back in 1984.

I don't think this sort of flagrant "Electric Boogalooing" should be allowed in Alameda, and certainly not openly, in a specially signed "Break-Dancing Zone," with the apparent blessing of the authorities. I knew that the Super-Mega-Monster-Plex That Everyone Hates would be a bad influence on our youth, but I just didn't count on the fact that it would be a bad influence on the Public Works Department, too.

All of this goes to show that Measure B is Bad. Bagpipes start with B, but so does Break-Dancing. I think we all know what that means.

Brenda Snook

No comments: