Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Fwd: This Just Makes No Sense

Dear Friends, Editor:

I just happened across an online letter that really has me scratching my head in disbelief. Can anyone tell me if the writer is really serious about this ridiculous claim that Mayor Beverly Johnson wasn't born in Alameda? I mean, I went to school with her from early on, so I know she grew up here, and her family lived here, and I don't see why she wouldn't have been born at Alameda Hospital. Why would anyone make up a story about her having been born outside Alameda, when there isn't even one tiny piece of evidence to suggest that's true?

It doesn't really matter to me whether Mayor Johnson was technically born in Alameda or not, but I'm really puzzled about why someone would think it's so important. If you have any ideas about that, I'd like to know. If you know anyone else who might be able to explain this whole thing, feel free to forward my message to them, but please don't send it in to the news media or blogs or anything like that. I don't want to be responsible for any public fuss over something this silly.

Have a good day,

Chris


Editor's Comments:

The Alameda Daily Noose and I understand that the kids these days sometimes send their letters to the editor to us through the "gee mail" instead of the postal service, but we wish they would at least have the courtesy to use the proper salutation. We understand that every Right-Thinking Alamedan would like to be our friend, but given our tens of thousands of visitors* to our soon-to-be-award-winning daily noosepaper, the logistics are simply impossible. We have corrected the error this time, but next time you may not be so lucky. Oh, by the way, you're welcome.

No comments: