Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Avid Noose Reader Asks Why Some People Are Still Able to Watch TV, Whereas She Can't

Dear Roger:

I was delighted to read Edelina Johannson's letter in the July 6 edition regarding rambling letters. I couldn't have said it better myself.

I was surprised that she mentioned watching Jeopardy. I was under the impression that there was no more television as of a few weeks ago, but I was afraid to ask anybody about it for fear of appearing not "hip" and "cool". Nobody else seemed to be talking about there not being any more TV, so I assumed that I must have missed the news story about TV coming to an end. I just figured that this was the natural progression of things, from Radios to Televisions to Computers.

And yet, here is Ms. Johannson watching Jeopardy? Now I am envious of her! Every day, several times a day in fact, I have turned on my television but all I see is static. It reminds me of that movie from a few years ago where the little girl would turn on the TV and stare at the "snow" and say "They're here." It started out as a good movie but it got too frightening for me after a while, so I turned it off. Anyhow, this is all I see when I turn on the TV now. All my favorite channels are gone.

Do we have to have cable or one of those personal satellites installed in order to watch TV now? Can I receive TV over the antenna like I used to if I pay somebody? I just want my television back -- there's is little left to live for without it.

Most truly,

Annique Moonsanta

Editor's Comments:

The Alameda Daily Noose and I have not yet gotten to the bottom of the T.V. mystery, but our readers don't need to watch T.V. anyway. They can rest assured that they already see all of the moving pictures that are worth seeing, since we publish them in our Award-Winning Noosepaper.

No comments: