Friday, November 27, 2009

Green Living by Janet Marchant: Greening Your Gratitude

If you're like me, you're busy right now thinking up new ways to reuse or recycle your Thanksgiving leftovers. Doing that makes me thankful all over again, not just for the planet-saving elements of yesterday's meal, but for the many other things that have helped me live Green throughout the year. Here's my list of Green things that I'm most thankful for this year (I wrote it out on paper first, so that I'd have something to recycle):

Clean coal

Kentucky bluegrass

Round-Up weed killer

Environmentally friendly cleaning products

Plastic bags

Green alcohol

Organic ingredient substitution charts

Pigeons and other exotic backyard wildlife

Just typing in that list of environmental innovations gave me a warm feeling, or maybe that's the heat generated by my sustainable computer. Either way, I recommend making your own list of green things to be grateful for. And no, you don't have to thank me for the idea; I'm just doing my job.

No comments: