Monday, October 5, 2009

Adoring Chinese Fans Can't Get Enough of Alameda Daily Noose and Me

The Alameda Daily Noose and I were surprised to find that one of our Chinese readers is apparently a fan of our reviews of interwebcasts of City meetings. He (or is it she?) somehow left a message attached to our October 1st issue:

"I am from Taiwan! If you want to visit Taiwan, welcome to my site visits and Zhijiao, I will provide various guided tours and guided tours."
We can only assume that this has something to do with the award that we won recently for our excellent coverage of Chinese culture. The author obviously realizes how worldly the Alameda Daily Noose and I are, because he seems to have repeated his message in several other languages that are not Alamedan. We are flattered that the people of China are so eager for us to accept the award in person that they are offering to provide not only guided tours, but also guided tours. That is the sort of treatment that heads of state can expect, but the Alameda Daily Noose and I think we could fight back our natural modesty enough to accept the generous hospitality of our Chinese fans.

No comments: