Friday, January 30, 2009

Green Living by Janet Marchant: Expect Greener Winters Across Our Nation, Thanks to Stimulus Spending!


Oh, I'm just so excited! I heard that our new president wants to provide money for "shovel ready" projects that will get our country's economic engines revving, and I know just the thing for that. You might remember that I wrote about it in this very column not long ago. What takes lots of shoveling? That's right: burning coal for heat!

Federal money for coal will not only keep Alamedans warm through the winter, but also nurture the fledgling clean coal industry. So grab your scuttle and shovel now, and call your government representatives to let them know that your household is a lean, green, shovel-ready project just waiting for that stimulus money. I know my shovel is ready!

No comments: