Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sandwich Shop Owner Reacts to Sensational S.O.S.!.A. Press Release

Dear Editor:

I am writing to respond to the press release sensationalistically entitled "Alameda on the Cusp of Prandial Armageddon: Alameda's Sandwich Crisis, the Impact on Public Services, and the Future of the World as We Know It," which you published yesterday. In it, I was so egregiously misquoted that I can only conclude that it was a deliberate attempt to distort my position beyond all recognition. In all my years in the business, I have never seen a so-called community activist behave in such an irresponsible and downright reprehensible way.

I'll try to make this perfectly clear: The city, state, and federal governments are not subsidizing the sandwich industry, and my fellow sandwich shop owners and I are not in the pockets of "Big Baloney," "Big Condiment," "Big Dough," or of anyone else, for that matter. I, for one, have had it up to here with Mr. Williamson and his antics, and I truly hope that this is the last word I will read on this whole ridiculous matter in your publication.

Sincerely Yours,
Antonio Bologna

No comments: