Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Frieda Bellows Says Drop Everything and Work on Her Plan

Editor,

What's this I hear about another city-wide parade being planned for the Fourth of July? Last year was horrible, with all of those streets closed off, and people everywhere! I don't want to spend another holiday trying to drive through all of that undesirable foot traffic. The whole thing is a huge waste of our tax money.

We need to put a stop to these parade plans now, before they push our already struggling city into bankruptcy. Instead, we should have a big Fourth of July gathering, in some sort of gathering place. Maybe there could be sponsors to pay for it, or some kind of county-wide sales tax. I don't know. I mean, I'm not on the parade committee or anything, so don't ask me for a bunch of details about my plan. It's the parade committee's job to flesh all of that out for me. The important thing is that they just drop everything they've been working on so far and start working on MY plan instead, and I mean pronto.

I'm not anti-celebration, but I am for people being quieter about their celebrating, and not moving around so much while they do it. I don't want to rain on anybody's parade, I just want to stop it. Anyway, the important thing is to stop the dangerous and wasteful planning process for the annual traffic nightmare that these irresponsible people, whoever they are, call a parade.

Frieda Bellows

No comments: