Friday, November 16, 2007

Former City Council Candidate Will Teach Pesky Neighborhood Residents Not to Interfere with Her Driving


Editor,

I am fuming mad about the big, round, concrete thingamajig that was recently installed in my neighborhood about five years ago. Who ever thought that planting some flowers in the middle of that street, and making us all drive around it to get anywhere, would slow down speeders? My car does not handle curves well, and I am getting sick of having to adjust the steering wheel every few seconds just to get down the street. Once I finally get out of that maze, I end up having to drive faster to make up for lost time.

I don't know who to blame for this transportation disaster, but I will show them. I am going to stop driving down the street that has that curb obstructing it, and let me tell you, I don't even care that it has my favorite color of petunias planted in it, I am so mad.

In fact, I am so mad that when I do drive down that street in the future, which by the way won't be very often at all if I can help it, as I already said, but when I do have to drive down it, I am going to drive very slowly and stop for every pedestrian, and I will glare at them as they cross the street in front of my car, and I hope that will make them happy (which, if you can't tell, I don't really care if they or the other drivers around me are happy or not, because they are always in my way, especially when they park in front of my house).

And that reminds me, I am sick of people speeding past my house, too. Why is it that the City is so busy putting these traffic slowing things in everywhere except where they might actually do some good, which is on my street when I'm trying to sleep at night, or trying to pull out of my own driveway. I mean, do I live on a racetrack? It's like no-one is paying any attention to my problems, even though I am constantly complaining about them.

Disgustedly,
Former City Council Candidate

No comments: