Wednesday, August 19, 2009

High-Rise Developments Menace Alameda

Editor:

Those developers are trying to keep us in the dark about this, but I've spotted some disturbing additions to Alameda recently. They're popping up all over town. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about; it's those darn high-rise mushrooms.

Some of them are four or five times as high as ordinary, Alameda-style mushrooms. They are completely out of scale with Alameda's quiet, residential neighborhoods. Those poor little normal mushrooms in the photo I took are shaded by the monster mushroom next to them. Without any sunlight, our good, old-fashioned, single-story, Alameda mushrooms are all going to die off.

I always said developers are a menace to Alameda. If Right Thinking Alamedans can't be bothered to complain about giant toadstools, everyone's going to have a rude awakening when the giant toads show up. Honestly, what are those developers on, anyway?

Brenda Snook

No comments: