Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Some crazy lady thinks Squirrels are not a threat

Dear Editor:

As a founding member and co-chair of the community group Delightfully Acrobatic Rodents Living In Neighborhood Greenery (D.A.R.L.I.N.G.), I am writing to express my dismay at your biased coverage and ham-fisted handling of the squirrel issue in Alameda. Instead of providing a valuable public forum for discussion, you are instead using your bully pulpit to whip the townspeople into a frenzy of hatred for our sciurine friends. We here at D.A.R.L.I.N.G. doubt your claim that squirrels pose such a dire threat to our community; in fact, many of us think that they are kind of cute. Could we please discuss the issues calmly and rationally, without all the scare tactics and the hyperbole?

Respectfully yours,
Elaine Hollandaise
Co-Chair, D.A.R.L.I.N.G.

No comments: